Wednesday 18 January 2012

Prime @ Le Meridien

This is my first time being to Prime. Always heard good reviews bout this place and I'm finally here. I was told that they are famous for their steak which till now, I only find one place really good with beef, which is Kobe Gyutaku. Their kobe bbq beef is awesome. So I was hoping to find a substitute for that. Let's see, prime has a very inviting entrance; with those wine bottles as part of their design makes this place looks pretty much a very cozy one. Before coming, I've done my part of the research and happen to know that the portions here are huge. So, I ordered two appetisers, two soups, one main and one dessert for two diners. My god, we are full.

Prime

Prime


Complimentary bread

Foie Gras Experience, MYR75

Jumbo Prawns & Boston Lobster, MYR65

Lobster Bisque, MYR45

Master Kobe Oyster Blake Steak, MYR130

Truffle Mashed, Truffle Sauce & Onion Ring

Homemade Blueberry Yoghurt Ice-cream Cake, MYR30 

Foie Gras Experience - Charcoal grilled, creme brulee and terrine. This is good but not as good as the one in Villa Danieli. I still like it though.

Jumbo prawn & Boston lobster - This is served with avocado and spicy cocktail sauce. It's a very refeshing starter and it is very fresh. This is much more worthy than the lobster in Benares which I went to bout a week ago.

Lobster bisque - Creamy lobster soup covered with crust. Very thick and a lil too salty for my liking. Once I have this one, I'm already full. I think you guys can order one to share.

Master Kobe oyster blade steak - OMG, this is one of the best steak I've had. Meat is soft and succulent. It is cooked to perfection and it goes so well with the truffle sauce. I just love it as much as Kobe Gyutaku bbq kobe beef. LOL...=P

Truffle mash - I would give this an 8 out of 10 for mash potato. I've had better mash potato with bacon bits in it. That'll get 9 out of 10.. Thanks to TMT. I'm not gonna comment on the onion rings because it's just another side dish.

Homemade blueberry yoghurt ice-cream cake - I'm glad we ordered something cold for dessert or i'm gonna puke by then. The sourness of the blueberry and yoghurt takes away the greesiness of the main and brings back my appetite. Thank lord for ice-cream cake.

Ambiance = 9/10
Food         = 9/10
Service     = 8/10

Prime @ Le Meridien
2 Jalan Stesen Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that master kobe oyster blake steak looked and sounded really good..think i'll pamper myself with this one for CNY!! =p

    ReplyDelete