Wednesday 11 January 2012

Meng Kee Grill Fish @ Jalan Alor

I was with my friends walking along Changkat and don't know what to eat. So kept on walking till we come to Jalan Alor and man, there were so many people there. All tourist and this is my first time in Jalan Alor. As we were walking along the street, there were so many restaurants along the street selling all different kind of local food. The restaurant that caught my attention was Meng Kee Grill Fish because they have 2 restaurants along the same street but separated by a few shop lots and ofcos filled with people. So we decided to try....
Meng Kee Grill Fish

Meng Kee Grill Fish


Grilled Stingray

Cuttle Fish with Water Spinach

Cockle

Durian

Grilled Stingray - I think this is probably the best grill fish I've had besides the one in Jalan 222. I hated those grilled fish with sambal, which they call it the Portuguese style. I prefer it without the sambal so that I can taste the fish. This one is cooked to perfection; juicy and tender.

Cuttle Fish with Water Spinach - I don't think anyone can go wrong with this dish cos it's made of "har kou" with peanut and a lil chili. Quite nice actually

Cockle - This is just the boiled cockle dipped into their sauce made of sweet sauce with chili as well. The cockle is fresh, cooked as I liked it to be; without blood.

Durian - This is a MYR1.00 durian. I thought it was a really made sushi when that guy was selling it to us. It happens to be a really good durian. It has got a lil bitterness which makes the durian even better.

I never really expect the food here to be good cos I thought those restaurants are there to cheat tourist. But it ended to be a delightful meal. I will return for more in the future although it is far away from my place and the price is reasonable. I rate the ambiance from the tourist point of view where I will wanna dine along the street to feel the atmosphere of being in KL.

Ambiance = 8/10
Food         = 8/10
Service      = 8/10

Meng Kee Grill Fish
39 Jalan Alor, Bukit Bintang
Kuala Lumpur
603-9283 4523



No comments:

Post a Comment